We believe that getting involved in the wider community is not only part of our corporate social responsibility, but that it is hugely satisfying and has a positive impact for our employees. In a world that often seems intent on taking, it is essential to learn why and how to give.
Our contribution to the community includes sponsorships, donations, corporate volunteering and pro bono services. Some of our giving includes: -
- CEO CookOff 2013: over $85,000 raised
- Guide Dogs NSW/ACT ~ construction of new ‘Puppy Block’ breeding centre
- Habitat for Humanity: Melbourne Cup fundraiser lunch, raising over $95,000
- Sydney Children's Hospital (Cystic Fibrosis Unit): Melbourne Cup fundraiser lunch, raising over $80,000
- Sydney Children's Hospital (Cystic Fibrosis Unit): "Build a Gym" Gala Ball, raising $127,000
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation: "Cup Day" sponsorships, raising $36,000
- Fr Chris Riley: Tsunami fundraiser for orphanage development, raising $44,000
- Movember: annual fundraising for men's health, raising $16,000 to date
- Property Industry Foundation: redevelopment of Marist Youth Care housing, contribution circa $120,000
- Property Industry Foundation: building market gardens for youth care centres, contribution circa $15,000
- Food Wine & Design: an industry group focused on a variety of charitable projects, including St Edmunds School, a complete bathroom renovation for Shanti Woodend, a ten year old girl living with Vacterl Syndrome and The Children's Hospital at Westmead. Founding partners in this initiative include Repsonse-Group Australia and FDC, with other firms generously joining in to help with fundraising events.
Other charities, organisations and fundraisers that have benefitted from the benevolence of FDC and it's big-hearted staff include: -
- Victorian Bushfire Appeal
- Sir David Martin Foundation
- Humpty Dumpty Foundation
- Garvan Institute
- Smith Family
- Breast Cancer Foundation
- Cancer Council
- Surf Life Saving Association
- Royal Flying Doctor Service
- Property Industry Foundation
- Keep Australia Beautiful
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation Australia
- Cystic Fibrosis in Australia
- Save our Sons
- Heart Foundation of NSW
- Police Association of NSW
- 2UE / Dymocks Regional Library Book Drive
... and countless others in our local and community. Many of these initiatives are annual events.
We also assist some junior sporting clubs, including the Drummoyne Junior AFL Club and Liverpool All Saints Rugby League Club.