FDC has recently completed the construction and integrated fitout of Fujitsu’s new office at 118 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park.
As a leading service provider of business, information technology and communications (ICT) solutions, Fujitsu has earned a reputation as the single supplier of choice for leading corporate and government organisations. In Australia, over 5,000 employees work from over 100 Locations.
FDC were engaged by Goodman to design and construct a new 11,750sqm NLA commercial building at 118 Talavera Road. The 9 story commercial office building has 3 levels of underground car park, a cafe, gymnasium and will be the new home for Fujitsu and their 900 staff members. Highlights of the project include:
• 5 star NABERS water and energy rating
• 5 star Green Star design rating
• High performance, thermally broken, double glazed facade with 5.2 kilometres of vertical and horizontal sunshades
• Design, manufacture and installation of a custom made “Roof Jockey” system to enable cleaning of the facade in areas where it extends 4m in height above the roof slab
• Public Domain upgrade including replacement of street lights, undergrounding overhead power lines and replacement of all concrete footpaths with Black Granite pavers
• Design, manufacture and installation of three 5m high and 5m long, steel “duck feathers” to satisfy DA requirement for Public Art
• Design and installation of two new substations
• 9,440m2 of integrated Activity Based Workspace fitout for Fujitsu
• Integration of building security system with staff lockers to enable one access card to provide entry to building, tenancy and lockers
• 2 internal stairs, linking all floors of fitout
• Polished concrete floors and exposed concrete soffits in key areas, with all building services “architecturally designed” where intentionally left exposed
FDC collaborated with Leffler Simes Architects, SCP Consulting (Structural engineer), Cundall (ESD Consultant), Engineering Partners (Electrical Services Peer Review); Hyder (Facade Consultant), Woods Bagot (Fitout Interior Design), Cardno ITC (Fitout Services), RAW Fire (Fire Engineer), BM+G (Private Certifier) to complete the 15 month project; ahead of schedule.